Tuesday, September 2, 2008

R.I.P. Beans & Bytes

Originally published in D-Tales here.

Beans & Bytes was a coffee shop/Internet cafe in Midtown that quite honestly kind of blew. And while I am sad to see another independently-owned Detroit business closing, I think the closing of Beans & Bytes had less to do with a poor economy in Detroit and more to do with them blowing. Poor business was the stated reason. Poor business due to shitty coffee is more like it.

But never fear: soon (like, in a week or two) we will have Urban Grounds in Eastern Market AND that rumored Good Girls Go to Paris Crepes booth right next to it!

How do I love thee, Eastern Market? Let me count the ways! R. Hirt, Cost Plus Wine Shop(pe?), Vivio's, Butcher's Inn, Bert's Warehouse Theatre, and now good coffee and tasty crepes! Are you trying to make me jealous? I think you are...naughty Eastern Market.

I want to live in the FD Lofts. *Pout*